Motorhome Driver license USA & Canada

Motorhome Driver license USA & Canada

Motorhome Driving in USA and Canada

Driver license USA
There are no special licenses needed. You can use your own driver’s license from your country of origin, as long as it is full (not probationary) and valid (not expired). If your license is not in English format, you will need to bring an official translation or obtain an international driver’s license.

Generally, all drivers must be at least 21 years old. However, some operators do require for drivers to be at least 25 years old.driver license Canada

Driver license Canada
Are you wondering if you have the right type of driver’s license to rent this kind of vehicle?
Well, you may rest easy: a standard license for driving a car is all you need, as long as it is valid, naturally. You will not be asked for any other type of license.

However, you must be sure to respect the following:
1.You must have had your driver’s license for more than 12 months.
2.Your driver’s license must use the Latin alphabet (English, French, etc…).

Note that you have to be at least 25 to rent an RV in Canada.

Rest stops

It is important to note that it is prohibited to spend the night in roadside rest stops in Canada. The maximum stay permitted is 1 hour.

You may decide to risk it, but there is a good chance that you will be woken by the police in the middle of the night and asked to leave the premises.

This is an unpleasant way to start the day and does not make for a very restful vacation.

Apart from these 2 suggestions, there are many other possibilities, all of which can be attempted at your own risk.

To make the most of your vacation, the best choice by far is to reserve a site in a campground. There are options to suit every budget.

The Walmart chain allows RVs to use their parking lots for one night, free of charge

Don’t forget to ask for the manager’s permission before settling in.