Travelling New Zealand in a Motorhome Things to do.
Where to visit in New Zealand. Top 10
Great places to visit and explore in New Zealand. Check out our list of top 10 things to see and do in New Zealand’s dramatic North and South Islands.
Top 10 Things to do and see North Island New Zealand
– Auckland Explore the islands of the Hauraki Gulf, sail on an America’s Cup boat or on a luxury launch, visit Waiheke wineries, view endangered native birds on Tiritiri Matangi.
– Wellington New Zealand’s cultural capital is the home of Peter Jackson, café culture, the national museum -Te Papa, and an innovative inner city nature reserve, the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary.
– Rotorua Check out the mud pools and geysers before relaxing in hot pools and mud baths.
– Pacific Coast Highway Hot water beaches of the Coromandel, volcanic White Island, and explore the wine region of Hawkes’ Bay by bike.
– Twin Coast Discovery Highway Discover New Zealand’s history and Maori culture, while exploring the beautiful beaches and majestic forests of the Northland region.
– Surfing on west coast beaches Learn to surf in Raglan where you’ll find one of the world’s longest left-hand breaks, or on one of the beaches on Taranaki’s Surf Highway.
– Tongariro Crossing Known as the finest one day hike in the world, this walk is not for the faint-hearted but you are rewarded with fantastic views across the North Island, and the turquoise crater lakes are unforgettable.
– Waitomo Caves Explore Waitomo’s labyrinth netherworld by abseiling and floating on an inner tube, or on a boat trip through the caves with only glowworms to guide your way.
– Whanganui River Journey Relaxing three day canoe trip along historic Maori waterways, with overnight stay in a traditional Marae.
– Taupo adventures One of the best places in the world to skydive, you can also bungy, jetboat, white water raft and kayak around New Zealand’s largest lake. For those looking for a more gentle adventure Taupo is also renowned for its trout fishing.
Top 10 Things to do and see South Island New Zealand
– Enjoy New Zealand’s ‘Great Walks’ The South Island offers the opportunity to experience six of New Zealand’s eight ‘Great Walks’ including Milford Track, Routeburn Track, Abel Tasman Coastal Track, Heaphy Track, Kepler Track and Rakiura Track.
– Kiwi spotting Visit Stewart Island for one of the best opportunities to see the rare Kiwi Bird in its natural habitat.
– Explore the Catlins Coast Take the Southern Scenic Route to reach the remote, wild coastline of The Catlins, home to rare species of flora and fauna and a petrified forest.
– Cruise Milford and Doubtful Sounds Overnight cruises on the sounds are the best way to immerse yourself in the majestic scenery. Kayaking on the sounds is a great chance to see fur seals and bottlenose dolphins.
– Abel Tasman National Park Walk through native bush onto golden sand beaches; cruise or kayak the waters of this magnificent National Park.
– Nature and wildlife experiences on the Otago Peninsula Eco-tours abound on the Otago Peninsula including a rare chance to see a penguin nesting area up close and visit the only mainland colony of albatross in the world.
– Get into adrenalin and adventure Queenstown is home to bungy, jet boating, white water rafting, canyoning, paragliding, sky diving, fly-by-wire.
– Glaciers Hike, heli-hike or gaze in awe from a scenic flight over the magnificent Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers on the West Coast of the South Island.
– Ride the TranzAlpine Train Voted one of the top rail journeys in the world, from Christchurch this journey takes you through dramatically different scenery from the patchwork farmlands of the Canterbury Plains and into the dramatic Southern Alps then into the pristine rainforest of the West Coast.
– Go whale watching in Kaikoura The local Maori tribe run the whale watching boat tours, and the emphasis is on marine conservation. The town’s Maori name translates as ‘meal of crayfish’, so after you’ve seen your fair share of sperm whales, orca and dusky dolphins, you can enjoy a meal of crayfish fresh off the boat with a glass of delicious kiwi sauvignon blanc.
Motorhome rental New Zealand. For a holiday you will never forget. Search and find the best prices for motorhome rentals in New Zealand. Modern, luxury motorhomes & campervans for hire from 2 to 8 berth models. Find the best deals and the cheapest prices for your rental motorhome. If there’s a great motorhome bargain anywhere we`ll find it for you. Trusted by 130,000+ customers. Motorhome rental New Zealand
Book your New Zealand rental motorhome holiday here and save!