Iceland campsites and camping card
Camping card Iceland
Iceland campsites and camping card. The objective with Camping Card is to give Icelandic and foreign travelers the opportunity to travel around Iceland in cost effective and frugal way at 41 camp sites or as long as the camp sites are open for visitors.
The Camping Card costs only 110 EUR. The Camping Card is valid for two adults and up to four children to the age of 16. There are no limits to how often each visitor can visit each camp site within the 28 nights/units. The Camping Card is valid for tents, motor homes, fold away tents of caravans as long one unit is in use pr. night.
You can now order your card for the season. The card will be shipped in Mars when the Campingcard brochure is ready. Estimated shipping time:
- Scandinavia 2-3 days
- Vestern Europe 2-3 days
- Other European Countries 3-5 days
- Other Countries 4-15 days
31. Vík í Mýrdal
Motorhome/campervan/RV rental Iceland:
Camping Card Iceland – Rules and Terms
1. The card is only valid after the cardholder has written
his/her signature on the back of the Camping Card in clear block letters.
2. The card gives two adults and four children up to the
age of 16, free camping at 41 camp sites that are listed in the brochure that accompanies the Camping Card.
3. Card holders must present the Camping Card along with personal identification documents (valid drivers licence, passport and etc) upon arrival to the camp site.
4. The Camping Card is valid for 28 nights for each card. Each night counts for unit meaning that two adults and up to four children are counted as one unit and 28 units equal 28 nights. These 28 nights may be used whenever the camp sites are open within each calendar year. When the 28 nights/units have been used the card is no longer valid.
5. The Camping Card does not provide free access to other services that the camp site may offer and charges for, e.g. electricity and etc. In all cases there is free access to public restrooms and running water if otherwise provided.
6. Cardholders shall respect the rules of each camp site.
7. Caretakers of each campsite are authorized to expel those who do not comply with the rules of the respective campsite.
8. The Camping Card is valid for the respective camp sites while they are open to the public throughout the year 2016.
9. Card holders are authorized to stay for four (4) consecutive days at each camp site.
10. There are no limits to how often each card holder can visit each camp site within the 28 nights/units that are included in the card.
11. Caretakers on camping sites have the authority to confiscate cards that have not been signed by the cardholder.
12. The Camping Card is not a VIP card. If the camp site is fully occupied upon arrival, then presenting the Camping Card does not ensure preferential treatment.