Best Destinations in Europe
Most Popular Destinations in Europe
20 selected towns competed for the prestigious title of Best European Destination 2014. After a three weeks’ period of online voting Porto is elected the Best European Destination 2014 and won the title ahead of 19 big european cities.
Zagreb, Vienna, Nicosia, Budapest, Madeira Islands, Milan, Madrid, Berlin and Rome are the next best destinations for a holiday or city-trip in 2014. We thank all the participants from Tourism Offices, community managers of social networks and voters who have made their choice and influenced the result !
Porto elected best European destination Porto is exceptional. In more ways than one. Elected Best European Destination 2014 by the european citizens, Porto, the “Cidade Invicta” (unvanquished city) is history, is architecture, culture, gastronomy, trade, encounters and discoveries.
1. Porto Portugal Porto has all the charm of towns which happily cohabit with their river. You can stroll along the River Douro (river of gold) in the Ribeira, fly over it by helicopter or discover Porto ‘s architecture, its amazing landscapes and magnificent bridges by taking a cruise on this majestic river. Porto is also a sea city and in the briefest of time a tram will bring you to Foz do Douro’s gentle beaches face to face with the Atlantic.
2. Zagreb Croatia The impressions of many foreigners who live in Zagreb, business people and tourists can be summed up in a single sentence : a large city which managed to stay romantic and safe. There are unlimited possibilities for visiting music and theatre events, art exhibitions, museums, sporting events and enjoying pleasant walks, interesting architecture, plentiful parks in the centre of the city, pedestrian zones and the atmosphere.
3. Vienna Italy Nowhere is “The Art of Enjoyment” mastered so well as it is in Vienna. And especially in 2015: Dance and party like during the time of the Congress of Vienna at one of the traditional or modern Viennese balls. Viennese nightlife, with its hip clubs, young festivals and a reopened ballroom, invites you to dance and party in 2015. Vienna’s nightlife, with its club culture that is as diverse and lively as never before, is proof that people like to dance not only at balls.
4. Nicosia Cyprus For the lovers of the Mediterranean the island of Cyprus is an absolute must. The legendary birthplace of Aphrodite is famed for its spectacular beaches, its breathtaking sceneries and the warmth of its people. It offers the visitor a large selection of unique activities that can fulfill almost any wish. Colorful orange groves surround stunning ancient ruins, steep cliffs embrace idyllic coves with turquoise waters and shady pine covered mountains are brought to life with the sounds of the church bells.
5. Budapest Hungary Budapest is a city of full of surprises and wonder, with its lively centre, pretty parks, majestic river, tall church spires and lavish spas. One of the most exciting cities in the world. Budapest is full of secrets to uncover, hidden spots to explore and old favourites to revisit. This is the city where being bored is not an option. When you’re done with the must-sees, leave the main streets behind, and let the city unfold its secrets. Plenty of design shops, tiny parks, terraced cafés, and architectural treasures wait in the nooks and crannies.
For the complet list of 20 cities visit Europeanbestdestinations.com
TOP 10 DESTINATIONS 2014
1. PORTO, PORTUGAL
2. ZAGREB, CROATIA
3. VIENNA, AUSTRIA
4. NICOSIA, CYPRUS
5. BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
6. MADEIRA, PORTUGAL
7. MILAN, ITALY
8. MADRID, SPAIN
9. BERLIN, GERMANY
10. ROME, ITALY
European Motorhome Rentals – We make Motorhome rental Easy
Search and compare prices from all the leading motorhome rental suppliers in Europe. It`s easy.
Motorhome rental booking specialists search in Europe